Thread: Newly Diagnosed
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 25, 2008, 07:48 PM

Newly Diagnosed

Hi Courtney,

I know very much how you feel. I have a similar diagnosis but, I also have the 5q-. I was diagnosed in July of last year and still keep trying to figure out how I am supposed to feel emotionally. It is just plain frightening to try and comprehend the full picture of MDS when it is so new to us. Try to learn as much as you can and remember that much of the information on the internet is dated...with new treatments becomng available so quickly there is much new hope for treatment today and so much more than there was even 2 years ago. Mostly, I count my blessings and try very hard not to let the MDS become my life. Much easier some days than others but, knowing you will be at Moffitt you should feel you are in good hands. I see Dr. List at Moffitt and a Dr. here where I live as well. Don't be afraid to discuss your feelings with your Doctor or Nurse. There is also an unbelievable amount of support right here that may give you some comfort. Sending you blessings.

Sunny Regards,
Flowerlady

Flowerlady