Thread: mds
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 01:52 AM

night sweats

Hi, I think there must be something definitive about night sweats. I have developed mild fevers almost every afternoon / evening. When I was discussing this with my doctor he asked if I was also getting night sweats. As I'm a woman of a certain age, it would be unusual for me not to get night sweats. I pointed this out to him and then he went off on a tangent about treatments for menopause. Consequently, I didn't find out what the significance of night sweats was. All my doctor told me, was, that one of the questions that doctors ask if they suspect someone has leukaemia is , " do you experience evening fevers / night sweats ?" Birgitta A wrote that, evening / night fevers have something to do with the release of cytokines (?) from malignant cells ,perhaps night sweats are from the same thing. I haven't been diagnosed with any malignancy but it is always mentioned by my doctors that they think I probably have a malignancy (based on test results) but they just haven't been able to pin it down. Having this illness has broadened my knowledge and can be very interesting. Pity it can make you feel like @#>*....... Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion