View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2008, 08:09 PM

Hello smiles622,

My father was diagnosed with leukemia back in Sept.07. He is on specific meds for the type that he has. From talking to many people, as well as my father, they, and he really have no pain. It is more of a "sleepy" issue, or second person issue. He feels, at this point of his journey, that he is watching himself. At times he has stated that he feels like a spectator.

As far as the med's go, for the chemo, he gets pills to keep him from getting sick to his stomach. The neuprogin gives him some bone pain, but Advil seems to fix that. Thursdays and Fridays are his shot days, but he, for the most part, recovers by dinner Saturday.

I have posted his journey on this site. Just look for the posts by "mannythedog". It is not there to scare or depress you. Everyone is different in how treatments are given, and received. I am just accounting for my father. The disease he has, how it is managed, and where he is going with it. For those on the same path, it will be a sort of guide to what to expect next.

I am sorry for your news, but remember, he is still here, and still able to spend time with you. My father and I have gotten closer, not that we weren't close already; however, some things are not said unless something like this happens. If he is anything like my dad, treat him normally, and pick on him every now and again. I have tried to keep it as normal as possible, which means we still goof around.

Keep in touch. There are allot of good people with good information on this site.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.