View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 07:18 AM

Tammy with many questions

Hello,

October of 2005, I was diagnosed with myelodysplasia after having bone marrow aspiration and biopsy. Was sent to a University in North Carolina. They told me I was going to need a transplant. Then they told me they had been finding Copper Diffiency in people and that it was mimicking Myelodysplasia. They checked my copper and I had not a trace in my body, so they said they felt copper was my problem. So they started me on Copper Gluconate 2mg, 2pills 3 times aday. Copper bagan to come up slowly, very slowly. Then my blood began to come up some and my white count looked really good 8.9 and stayed that way...until now. Let me back up for a minute, before I was diagnosed with Myelodysplasia, I got Periphal Neuropathy very bad, its all over, Im knumb from knees down and hands. Alot of leg pain, some in back. They told me I got this from immune being low.

Now my blood is dropping again and the Copper is 84, so it isnt Copper's fault . So has the melodysplasia been there the whole time? Is there anyone on this forum that has a Copper Diffiency and / or Myelodysplasia? I need some advice, doctors where I live dont know what to do with me, I go back to a Hemotogist Tuesday. If there is anyone with advice, please tell me.

God Bless You,
Tammy