View Single Post
Old Fri May 16, 2008, 01:39 PM

Question Need Advice on Children's Transplant

I'm not going to be able to stay in the hospital with my sister all the time. It will be mostly on weekends when I can go visit her.

Is it true that they have to stay in a 100mile radius for the first 100 days after release? I can't do this either we are 200 miles away from our hospital. I have two little kids to take care of and we don't have any other family members here that can help.

I'm starting think that maybe we need to try the 2nd ATG therapy since it's only a 10 day stay. Then do the BMT if that doesn't work. I wonder how long they would space it?

What do ya'll think? I'm quite confused now and have so many questions for when I see the dr on the 6th of June.

Has anyone had a child or teen that had the BMT from an unrelated donor or cord blood? I'm still not sure which one they are using. They have 3potential people and 1 cord blood.

Update: I found out they do have to stay by the hospital but I can't stay w/ her. I'm not sure what I'll do. I guess I'll try to hire someone when I'm not there.

Any Advice????
Guardian and Caretaker of my 14 year old sister with SAA;Diagnosed Oct. 2007-1 ATG/Cyclosporine treatment-10-07:Waiting on Bone Marrow Transplant-it's down to 2 potential donors;Now it's changing to early MDS-pre Leukemia.; She has now moved with our other sister to see a new dr in Nashville.