Thread: Mud Day +7
View Single Post
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 04:49 AM

Courtney's Transplant

Mud Day +7

Been a long time since I posted, my daughter Courtney had a relapse of her SAA, and after much deliberation she went to transplant with a 10 out of 10 match unrelated donor. I was a hard decisions since Courtney had responded to ATG back in 98, and that her immune (anc) system was allways in the 1000 to 1300. This made the decision for transplant hard, I got second and even third opinions, the oncology guys were all for transfusion and wait and see if she is a late responder (retried atg in June of 07) while the transplant guys were all for getting her transplant started while she was still relatively healthy, no infections, etc... I choose to have her admitted and the mud bmt started, her anc going into the hospital that day finally dipped below 500, the immunes system was faltering as well now, so we went to transplant. It's now day +7 with the new marrow and she is doing pretty well except to headaches, sore throat, and very high blood pressure. Not sure if I'm posting the bmt part of her treatment to the right part of this list or should I be posting somewhere else. I have a whole slew of things I can post about what Court has been through, just not sure if this the place for it or should I be at a BMT list posting.

anyone interested in hearing more can contact me at brukru@frontierne,net