View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 10, 2008, 01:09 PM

Pop Up Date 6/10/2008

Saturday was nice.

The sun was out early, so I completed my errands prior to a Saturday morning pancake breakfast date at Mom and Pops. My son and I went up and had a good time with Pop. After breakfast I moved needed tools to moms garden hydrant that had a leak, and got the tractor set up for Pop. He came out and supervised. He held the hydrant steady for me while I set the pipe ,set the stones and back filled the hole.

He pushed me to install the sharpened blades on his mower and he rode the tractor and mowed for about 20 minutes. I removed him from the tractor because he was wiped out. It surprised me that he felt as bad as he did, and still put up a fight when I asked him to let me finish.

He slept the rest of the weekend and most of Monday, except for pitting cherries that Angie and my mom picked.

Today he got his blood test again, we knew he would be low due to how close to needing blood and platelets he was last week. His Hemoglobin is 7.5 and Platelets are 16. He will spend the day at the hospital tomorrow, and then get his shots. His chemo has been hitting him hard for the last few treatments.

I enjoyed our work time on Saturday. We have had that kind of relationship for years. I was glad we had another chance to get dirty. We didn't talk much, because, well we know how we feel. Its all been said. He is on time that he wasn't supposed to have, so we have been enjoying it.

Expecting family and friends over the weekend, pop wants a big dinner on Saturday night. Guess we'll give it to him.

Thanks to all of you sending prayers, and to those of you that stopped by and picked up a weed eater.

Scott

Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.