View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 19, 2008, 11:09 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on my friend Jim. He and his family can use the prayers right now.

Jim left for Baylor Medical Center in Dallas last Friday (121208) to begin chemotherapy, radiation, and a peripheral stem cell transplant. Unfortunately, upon arrival his doctor informed him that his MDS progressed into AML.

Fortunately they decided to proceed with the same treatment, with the same expected results. He began chemotherapy on Sunday/Monday, and had radiation on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Today (Friday 121908), Jimmer had a successful stem cell transplant. He will undergo some more chemotherapy to prevent "Graft versus Host disease." I talked to him several times and he seems upbeat. He has a wonderful, supportive wife and family.

The reason I am posting this here is because I know some of you have been through this. His wife started a page for him on a wonderful website called "CaringBridge," and I am sure some encouragement from some of you would probably help him a lot. The link to his page is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimwatts

Please, if you can, any prayers or encouragement would probably lighten his day. You all know how priceless encouragement, support, and prayers are.

God bless you all, and thank you.

Gabe