View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 3, 2009, 08:15 AM

Hello all

First, let me thank you all again for allowing me to post my fears, joys and the love that I had for my father. It has been over a month now since pop passed.

Mom returned from her trip and was very tired, but relaxed. My sister and her did fun things together, and my sister also talked her into helping paint her kitchen. Knowing my mom, she enjoyed every minute. We are talking more openly about Pop now, mostly as things arise and we say how Pop would have handled it. Overall, mom is going to be O.K. She is a survivor and an adventurer. She has even demanded taking her old chores back since she isn't in the house all the time anymore.

At 74, and a breast cancer survivor, she is ready to explore the world without Pop. That alone is an adventure; however, he is here, watching. Everything I do around her property, and even things in my own life, are a refection of how Pop would have done it.

Finally, I was really bummed for a while that I did not dream about him. Last weekend, I finally had a dream not about him, but with him. He was in his usual place in the living room and I was in the adjacent chair. We were talking about spring, and how I needed to prepare for the duties around the property. He also mentioned that I needed to be sure mom kept up with her doctor visits. At the end of the dream, or as I now classify "the visit", he told me every thing will be o.k., and he is good. "Everything here is just as I expected... Beautiful."

In closing, I will be here for any questions pertaining to Pop's journey and hospice care. All you need to do is ask.

My prayers to all the patients and care givers. Keep your family close and your faith closer.

Love to all

Scott
SON OF BOB
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.