View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 22, 2009, 09:34 PM

Much better

Thanks Vera, be safe and good luck.

Great news. Nellie has had no fever for two whole days and more. BP regulating, sores almost gone, no more bleeding in urine or stool. Doctors can't put their finger on any one thing that caused all this. Maybe low platletes started all this who really knows. But all her counts are still lower than previous times. Now we need to get a port placed on her left side. There is a pick line still in her left arm, but Dr Morris still wants to have it removed, just as soon as we can get the port placed. This time by the surgeon.

All the tests, cultures, sonogrames and ct scans are clear. Hopefully the BMB will not show any progression of the MDS. Does anyone know if there is a chromosome that directly effects the platletes?? I may have missed something in my studies of MDS that answers this for me.

Well I left Nellie in the hospital tonight in good spirits and walking me to the door. Good night babe, see you tomorrow!

Thanks for your prayers.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.