Thread: Countdown!
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 15, 2009, 09:05 PM

Day +18

Having a good day as my over-all condition continues to improve. Mouth is better still, the main issues being dry, cracked lips and tongue. Rashes are improving with each day but it's still quite often difficult to get comfortable. Strength wise I feel great, drs are having me back off the exercise a bit as they feel I am over doing a little. I am reminded that my immune system is in its infancy.

2nd CAT scan is still showing possible problems with pneumonia as well as some sort of scar on one of my lungs. They are going to send in a probe tomorrow to see what is going on there. Lungs and breathing seem to be fine, but have to be sure. I believe I will receive a colonoscopy also tomorrow to address the gut issue as it is not improving.

Eating is a challenge and at the moment it's only a BOOST drink in the morning and chicken broth in the afternoon. Everything else sends me sprinting to the bathroom. They are still encouraging me to eat and only have my nutrition drip on at night. I will try whipped potatoes again this evening.

#'s continue to look good and I am looking forward to getting a much clearer picture tomorrow.