Thread: Countdown!
View Single Post
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 08:24 AM

Day +90

I have received word from my doctors that I am doing so well that I no longer need someone with me at all times and I can go home whenever I wish! Saturday will be the big day. I only have to visit COH once a week now for blood draws and monitering. My drug load has been cut by about half and every time I meet with my doctor he is amazed at how quickly the GVH disappeared. I literally have no symptoms. Gut is perfect, no rash, glucose levels perfect and eyes back to normal. I am able to drive again & shop just like a normal person! Been to the movies and lots of long drives, it is wonderful. My taste buds are on the mend and food tastes better and better. I will find out Thursday if I can start eating raw veggies or if I need to wait till the 4th (100 days) I have a feeling they will say its fine, I am really craving a good salad!

My main focus once I get home will be regaining my strength and getting into shape again with my goal of being back to work by October. I am so glad I made the decision to do the transplant & get on with life without MDS. Toughest thing I've ever been through but worth it.

My thoughts and prayers are with our friends that are undergoing or are about to go in for transplant - keep plugging!