View Single Post
Old Wed May 27, 2009, 09:42 AM

Home at last

Nellie came home yesterday morn after a long process to discharge her. The more the delay, the closer to the door I had to move her in her wheel chair. We finally got home about 10:30 am.

Catherine, your words touched me in my heart. Thank you for being able to express so beautifully what I needed to hear. I am sad for your need to continue the battle after your loses. I pray for you a special prayer of healing and peacefulness. Thanks to all of you who have shared your thoughts and prayers. I feel surrounded by so much love and caring.

Nellie's first night home was scary. She suddenly developed a temp of 101.3. I was afraid I would have to take her back to hosp before she had a chance to spend one night at home. But I gave her some Tylenol and this morning her temp was 100.4. It was difficult to get her up this morn and I thought I would have to call 911. After checking all her vitals I found her sugar had dropped to 61. She had some OJ and coffee and now she is her old self joking and laughing with her daughter and friend. She still doesn't have the strength to stand on her own.

We need to get her to opus daily for CBCs and maybe blood or plates and neupogen shots. Not going to be easy, but if she wants to stay home, we need to be able to do that.

The light is still on. And as long as there is light, there is hope. (who said that anyway).

The doc has another drug they want to try, but I haven't had a chance to check it out. I need Nellie to understand the drug and it's issues and let her make the decision. Could not get a good answer from the Doc when I asked what makes this drug different from the others. Just another possibility. Well something to think about. Once I look up the info on it I will share with my friends on the forum. Dr Morris is going to the Orlando meetings this weekend and has hopes to learn something new. Me too.

Well, keep on praying guys, it ain't over yet.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.