View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 8, 2016, 07:45 AM

Greg, My dad had induction chemo about 4 weeks ago due to a relapse from a haploid transplant. During his nadir, he received a donor lymphocyte infusion in the hopes of putting him remission and possibly a cure. At the moment he is in the hospital due to elevated temps and a suspected infection to his inner ear. Unlike you, he did a 5+2 with the same medications since they did not want to kill the graft that is there in the hopes the DLI with "clean up" the cancer cells.

He has hair thinning and minimal weakness. He tolerated the chemo really well but weeks later is suffering the consequences of low WBC, Plts, and Hgb. Due to his infection the plts have been taking a dive and he's been needing more transfusions. Let me know if you can anymore questions. He is also getting treatment at duke.
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.