View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 15, 2017, 09:52 PM

Unhappy

Wanted to let you know my husband passed away Feb 5 from pancreatic cancer, it was quite a shock, we thought he was doing well after the whipple surgery (and he was) half way through the chemo/radiation he started getting weak and swelling, we kept thinking it was the chemo/radiation. It had come back with a vengeance, we called in hospice on a Tuesday and he died the following Sunday. He was home with us. Quite a shock even knowing he was dying. We see and hear what we want to. We did have 8 months with him. It is making me a little scared. My platelets keep going down, they are 39 now. WBC, RBC and hemoglobin is pretty good. Not in normal range but close. I have not had a treatment since last of December. I have an appointment next Wednesday with my Dr. to discuss my situation. My kids are going with me. Bless their hearts, I know they are worried about me. Was wondering after Vidaza and Dacogen what would be next. Is this getting serious? Can stress affect your platelets, Lord know I have had enough of that. When I was diagnosed I never dreamed he would go before me. Thank you listening to me.