Thread: Response to ATG
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 22, 2014, 08:13 PM

SVAA levels average with ATG and supportive therapy

Dena, my father is going through complications with his first roung Horse ATG
now. You mentioned it has been a year since your body produced wbc and plts on their own. I am curious what your levels were on average with ATG and supportive therapy in the interim.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfantle View Post
Hi, for the past year, until my Horse ATG this past March, my platelets were regularly in the 10-15k range and I was getting platelets 2-3x a week. I hadn't been to the dentist for a year and wanted to go before my ATG treatment, so my team scheduled a platelet transfusion the day before my cleaning, did a post count to ensure it was high enough (think it was in the 30k range) and gave me clearance for a light cleaning.

I'm now 2 months post ATG, and ever since, I gained at first 1day each week between platelet and blood transfusions, and GCSF shots, then 2 days and it's now up to 2 weeks (big difference from 2-4 days for Platelets, 1 week for blood and 2-3 days between GCSF shots). I'm cautiously optimistic, but also realistic that this may not continue to stretch out. Though It now looks like I'm starting to produce a few white cells and platelets on my own, which is so great after the last year of no production.

Please excuse typos. Sent from my cell phone