View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 4, 2019, 07:26 PM

Thanks for providing a prompt and well thought reply. To answer some of your questions:

Vitamin B12, iron, vitamin D are all very healthy. Concurrently with the bone marrow biospy order, the hema ordered several blood tests - including those - and everything was good other than low testosterone (though still within "normal" range). Furthermore, I have never tested positive for any sort of nutritional deficiency before. Copper was not tested, though deficiency is unlikely given my diet and daily multi.

Medications; montelukast (Singulair) for asthma, retinol cream for skin, loratadine (Claritin) almost daily for allergies, diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for sleep.

Hema thought Fanconi and other genetically derived causes were not to blame, given my older age, as those tend to show themselves much earlier. Plus, I had normal CBCs up until relatively recently (early 30's).

Spleen was removed in 2003 following auto accident. Since it was 16 years ago, hema said not a factor. Though I agree with you it seems like it may affect progression of disease and possibly cause variances in how it goes down.

When your husband was diagnosed, do you remember appx what his CBC numbers were? Also, what his marrow percentage was at that time? If he was 9 months until tanking, I'm just trying to gauge if his timeline may or may not be similar.

Thanks!