View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 16, 2013, 07:51 PM

Hi Heather,
No she has not had a Cytometry test yet.

We just took her to City of Hope and they agree with her other hematologist it could be a virus still (that has lasted for one year) or now they are saying she could have the symptoms of developing aplastic anemia. They are doing the watchful waiting. Because her red blood cells and her platelets are stable most of the time they dont know what she has. Her white blood count is always super low. They dont know why. One doctor suggested because they think my daughter could be depressed. That comment made me super mad. She is a very happy child and never complains about anything. (she is an identical twin) and her sister would tell me if she was upset or sad.

My daughter just tells me that her body is tired all the time. And she has headaches all the time. The doctors are telling me a low white count would not make her this tired. I don't know what to believe anymore. It has been a year of no answers and no help. We are told to take her to get blood work when she spikes a fever. She has thrown up blood a few weeks ago and they acted like it was no big deal.

I was told to not worry about my daughter and that this will probably go away or get worse. And they wont treat my daughter with anything till they know what is causing the low counts.

I think more and more about going to a holistic doctor because I dont know how to get my daughter playing with her friends again and running with her twin sister. She naps after school and is so pale like a ghost.

Thanks for all of your input.