View Single Post
Old Mon May 23, 2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hi Data - are you still in the hospital? How's the GVHD? How frequently are you getting CBC's - and is the morphology consistent in all of them? What does your doctor say - is he concerned? I question I frequently asked was "How worried should I be about...?"

Issues with my blood counts (mostly slow engraftment and a long time for my counts to rise - then falling and low platelets after GVHD) usually worried me more than my doctor - he generally had a relatively benign explanation - or at least a theory as to what was going on - My issues were explained by the nature of my transplant (marrow v peripheral stem cells) GVHD, drugs used to prevent GVHD etc - and eventually things improved -

This can be a scary time in the process - you want everything to be normal and OK - but its not yet - and probably won't be for a while - it takes time and patience. Stay strong and positive!

Best,
p

Paul,
No I am not in the hospital and longer. They are treating the GVHD in clinic with prednisone and cyclosporine.

II get CBC at every clinic visit (and daily while I was in the hospital). They are pretty consistent. I haven't asked the doc yet. I should.

Cheers
Data