Thread: Our Story
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 6, 2016, 08:03 PM

Wishing you both the best

Hi, Stevie-Ray!

I just wanted to let you know that your story really touched me, and I am sending you and your wife all the well wishes I can!

My dad spoke about my mom with the same unconditional love that you do about your wife. My mom passed away twenty years ago from ovarian cancer, and it was devastating for all of us, but my dad handled it so courageously and did an amazing job of making a good life for himself and all of us in the years since.

He was diagnosed with high-risk MDS in 2014 with very scary blood values and BMB results. He was treated with Vidaza which managed to keep the MDS at bay for about fifteen months (it never improved any of his values, but nothing got worse either) before it turned to AML. Although his activity level really decreased, he was still able to enjoy his life with friends and family until the very end. So, even with a very poor prognosis, there is reason for hope and time to continue sharing your life with your wife.

You sound like an amazing caregiver, husband, and compassionate person! I am so sorry for the struggles you and your wife have had, and I will be praying for the both of you as you weather this storm but know that you have really touched the heart of someone who lost her dad at this time last year!

Hugs and well wishes to you both!