View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 17, 2018, 03:58 PM

April Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
KatailS,

Good to hear you are remaining stable! Sounds like you are making the best of it, and I intend to do the same! My next blood check is in April too... so, we'll see.

I do need to get back to doing some type of regular exercise though... Good to hear from you!

David M
Well the journey continues..... just got my latest bloodwork results and was thrilled to see my WBC finally tip into the ‘normal’ range for the first time in a few years. RBC remains below normal, but not bad (3.67). My MCV is still quite large (109.5) so even tho I have fewer red cells, they are getting the job done. My platelets are up to 122,000.... highest they have been in more than 4 years. I was very encouraged.... until I got the results of my PNH test. My monocytes clone has gone from .11 to 6.88 in the past year. Needless to say I am nervous and a bit deflated. Seeing my hematologist in a couple weeks.
Overall feeling okay.... suffering from major hot flashes (boy oh boy are they awful!) and even with the higher platelets I still find surprise bruises.
Hoping to hear a good update from David soon!
Kathie