View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 3, 2012, 08:40 PM

Nadia!

Good luck with the Campath trial. I went through it in March 2009. While all my counts have not gone to normal, my platelets went from 40 to 140 and my whites and reds, and hemaglobin, while still low, I am living a normal life.
I haven't been sick since the trial, other than the usual winter upper respiratory stuff I always got anyway. Never a fever and my hemaglobin is trying hard to get to normal range. I do also have PNH though, and that is likely the cause of it not climbing any higher.
I feel I could live a normal, long life with my current counts. Haven't had a transfusion since June of '09.
NIH is great! My 2 primary docs are no longer there, but I'm sure the care is still the best!
I haven't been on anti-virals for a LONG time and really am only taking thyroid meds, since the Campath screwed up my thyroid.
So, basically, I do not have to be treated for my MDS at this point; I have been in remission since June '09.
I hope you have a great success story to share soon!