View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 12, 2017, 08:11 PM

Magnesium

Meri, This is a stretch but Magnesium is stored in the bones and has been known to help with pain in the joints.

http://www.arthritis.org/living-with.../magnesium.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri T. View Post
I've been reading up on MDS and joint pains ever since my knees started hurting, but haven't found much info on it. Actually it started at the shoulders, then the wrists, now it's in my knees.
I brought it up with my hematologist just yesterday, he said it comes with bone marrow failure, and left it at that.
I know he is focusing on raising my blood counts rather than alleviating other symptoms, but my knees really hurt !!

Does anyone else have this kind of pain, it hurts when I bend my knees, not when I am walking. I can't bend it, and it even hurts when I sit in one position for too long.

Diagnosed MDS RAEB1 about 5 months ago, I have only started steroids (primoblan 10mg/day) and vitamins K and D, with antibiotics for 3months. So could the steroids have anything to do with this pain? Or is this just part of getting old?

The good news is with the steroids and vitamins, my counts have stabilised somewhat. I just need some rest from all of this knee pain!

Any, absolutely any suggestions and comments are more than welcome.
Meri