View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 4, 2008, 03:00 PM

Pop's Blood Test 3/4/08

Pop called me at work this morning. His platelet count was 15. He had received a bag last Tuesday {7 days ago} and he was at 48 after the re-fill. This makes 3 Weeks in a row. His hemoglobin was 9.1. He got two units last week, and went to 9.7. So .6 points in a week. I fear that his bone marrow has finally stopped producing. That along with his blood cells having the tear drop shape, doesn't look good. I guess I am trying to put a time line on this whole thing. If the math works the way it has in the past, I would think he will need a blood transfusion next week, along with a bag of platelets.

His spirits are low today. I would expect that. He has planned on dying for a few months now, but it has taken a toll on him. I can now see through the happy face he puts on for me.

I will take my kids to see him. Ol' Pop needs hugs. I'll give him one too. Lets not forget mom either. She is having a tough time. I wish I could get her to communicate with other, long time married, women that have had lost a partner. She is very private.

Thanks for the response, and support.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.