View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 18, 2008, 06:30 AM

Hey Neil,

Neil,
Blood Assurance, out of Chattanooga TN. is handling all the advertising. a month prior, they will send posters to us, as well as, articles for all the local news papers and radio stations. They will also send out mailers to the "frequent bleeders" that are ready to give so they may also attend.

I will be leaving work early that day so I can be there to bleed and help out. I was going to give platelets, but the busses are not equipped for that. Platelets are in great need, and have a very low shelf life. My father and I have also noted that, prior to his getting worse, he went longer on fresh blood than the out dated stuff. I have done some research on this, and found it to be very possible.

Thanks again for your, and everyone's support. I wanted to let you know that my father has friends that live far away, but go to this site for updates. Thank you for being here.

Scott

Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.