View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 26, 2008, 06:46 AM

Pop UpDate 3/26/2008

Hello,
Blood tests came back Tuesday. He will need platelets {15 now, already having issues with clotting}; however, due to the shortage here, they said he'll have to wait.

I will have to say that he is now on them weekly. It has been over a month, and each week he has needed them. He has taken precautions to keep himself from bleeding, and has turned down the water pick and moved to an electric razor. The hemoglobin was about 8.5. The Procrit is still doing its job, but from the looks of it, he will need blood next week. I don't think they will force him to stretch it out again, due to how bad he has felt when it gets too low.

He had his Easter this past weekend. Another goal he has set for himself. The pastor did a great job with communion at the house, his first in-home, and pop really enjoyed his Easter dinner. He has to curb his appetite on the rich stuff. The low blood count and anemia is making him dizzy when he eats rich foods.

His next goal is to see my wife graduate in May. She had gone back to school for a business degree, {she works in the medical billing field since 1994, so any questions on insurance/Medicare/Medicaid just ask} and he really wants to be there to cheer. Boy, they sure do love each other a lot. Could I be any luckier.

Goals. Never thought much about them. Have set them, met most of them, even made a few, ha, ha..... but when you see someone that uses goals to define what time is left in life on earth, kind of changes your perspective. Makes you want to try harder to create more, because you don't want to be caught without having any. I have realized that goals define who we are. Setting goals makes us strong, and not meeting them while giving our best can make us stronger. So I try harder next time... right?

Pop is in good spirits. He had a chance to see most of his family over the past weekend. Sure, some live very far away, and some are out of the country, but ALL did call and talk with him. He is special to us all.

More next week.

Scott
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.