View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 10, 2009, 11:58 AM

No Porta Cath

Chirley, I have never had a port. Diagnosed Sep 2006. Most of this time I have experienced bruising under the skin which starts at the large knuckels of both ads and runs u to about mid-way of my forearms. My MDS has now migrated to AML and just finished 2 1/2 cycles of Vidaza. Last Thursday my eyes got very red.they discontinued the Vidaza and the baby apirin, By Saturday morning I had the blackest eyes that any boxer has had. Tests so far indicate that my platelets are not working like they should causing low clotting factor. Some of the blood test will take 2 or 3 weeks to come back. In the mean time the plan is to restart Vidaza whentime for cycle 4v. Other counts are getting better each time blood is drawn.

When I started out to write this I thought I might info that might be related to mottled blue hands. Not sure I have adding anything relative to your problem, or not.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Frank