View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 3, 2010, 12:02 AM

I get on with life

Hi Susan,

Every day, I look at my palms, and think, are they pink enough?? It's hard to forget your diagnosis when you know you could relapse at any time. But I just ignore it and get on with life. I travel, I garden, I exercise, I work, I try to feel as good as people tell me I look these days.

I was asked to consider re-treatment at one year post-ATG (Apr '09), but I asked to wait until after the summer because I was feeling so much better, and I was going about seven weeks between transfusions at that point. I'm REALLY glad I waited, because that June was my last transfusion.

You, too, will feel so much better after you go off the prednisone - it is a truly evil medication. It never did me any good, just made me feel absolutely miserable. Hang in there, and don't feel discouraged if you don't see improvement in the first few months. Every day, you'll feel a little stronger, and more yourself.

best wishes,
Gloria