View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 17, 2011, 10:27 PM

huge lymph nodes for 4 weeks

I have had severe aplastic anemia for a little longer than 2 years. I have been in partial remission with platelets and white cells not really ever back.Over the last 4 weeks I have developed growing numbers of lymph nodes all over my body.They are getting larger and larger.People say I "Look good" but I am more tired than the usual AA fatigue and have had paresthesias[numbness/burning] in my face ,hands feet for 3 months.My counts have been rising despite the same regimen of Gengraf .I was running for several months---- platelets 50-60, wbc-2.5-3.2 and hgb-10-11 and hct-32-33. All of a sudden I have jumped up to wbc-4.5 and platelets of 88.
Not bad but with weight loss for no reason , fatigue and these huge lymph nodes -under my arms, behind my knees, groins , elbows and neck I am wondering if this could be some sort of leukemia or cancer.Has anybody experienced this? I have not had fevers or night sweats. The node under my right armpit is HUGE-It sticks out through shirts!I have been to see my oncologist ,infectious disease doctor .Oncologist says it's"Viral" although no other viral symptoms and my labs don't show signs of infection.Infetious disease doc says not viral and we need to biopsy .So am scheduled for biopsy.I was wondering if anyone has had aplastic anemia and then gotten acute myelocytic leukemia -what are the symptoms?PET scan was negative but was taken 2 1/2 weeks ago-maybe too early to show anything ?Now I have WAY more nodes and they have grown HUGE!!!
Thanks-Ellen

[57 year old,diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia 4/2009.