View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 3, 2013, 02:33 PM

Beth,

I'm going to keep on praying that Earl will respond. When we were given the hospice option in August, like you, I said, no, I will continue to care for him as long as I'm able.
My heart is aching for you. And I hope you know that there are so many of us that are so thankful for all the wisdom you've shared. I honestly don't think Al would be with me today if it hadn't been for your postings and suggestions.
We go to the doctor tomorrow and after talking to the doctor, Al will have to make the decision as to whether to continue with the Dacogen. I haven't seen the whole BMB report yet, but the doctor did call us over the holidays and said there was "slight" improvement. So I feel sure that if the doctor recommends continuing with the Dacogen, that Al will go along with that. I'm just thankful that the other doctor who told us in August he only had a few weeks was wrong.
Please try and take care of yourself. I know it's hard when you are so overwhelmed with what ifs and when and all that. You are such a wonderful caregiver for Earl and I hope that if things don't turn around, that you will not have any guilt that you should have done this or that. Earl is lucky to have you in his corner.
God bless you and keep you strong. You and Earl are in my prayers.
Please keep us posted.
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.