View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 6, 2013, 05:13 PM

Clinical Trial at Moffitt

Thanks everyone for all of the love support, and most of all the prayers being said in Earl's behalf. Needless to say - they certainly are needed.

I talked to Greg Hankins the other day, and he said there was a clinical trial going on at Moffitt. When I asked our local hema/onc about it last week, he said there was nothing available. Greg sent me the contact info, and I talked to the research nurse on Friday. She said we had to be established with a Moffitt Dr = and I told her we had seen Dr. Lancet last year, and they also did a BMB on him there. It was Moffitt that definitively came up with the diagnosis of MDS - and at that time, they told me Earl had between 5-8 months to live. Of course, we were both devastated - but he also said to start treatment - and we did.

As I had previously said he went through 5 sessions of Dacogen with no positive response. We have now completed 5 sessions of Vidaza and are on the second session of Revlimid. He will have completed his 6th round of Vidaza/Revlimid before we get to Moffitt on February 5th. I hope and pray that the current treatment regimen kicks in with positive results, and if it doesn't - I hope he can be included in the clinical trial of Eltrombopag/Promacta.

Again, I thank each of you for caring and for your confidence in me.

(((((HUGS)))))
Beth