View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:04 PM

Thanks Greg,

Ron's MDS is now high risk and it affects all of his blood counts, RBCs, WBCs, and PLTs. He's requiring PLTs twice per week and he's also on the drug called Amicar to help with prevent bleeding. His PLTs were at 4-5 and with Amicar, seemed he was okay, but, then, the bleeding started, so, now they transfuse him below 20,000 and it only holds for a few days at most. Ron has purple marks all over his body... poor thing. Everytime he bumps or rubs anything, seems he develops a purple pooling type bruise under the skin.

We still keep the faith and we go one day at a time. Thanks for the contact information. Today I was reading up on the trial for Oral Clorafarabine. I can't remember which had it, but, I believe MD Anderson was one, and I'm checking into available options (Phase II/III studies preferably) at moffitt Cancer Center w/Dr. List again.

The problem is so many of the trials have restrictions concerning prior treatment and Ron's been on a lot of chemo "Agents" over the past 2 yrs.

Will update as I learn more.
Cindy

Keep the Prayers coming!
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.

Last edited by launch : Sat Apr 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Corrected Drug Name - Amicar