View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 10, 2010, 03:54 PM

Hello,

I debated for a long time between Seattle and my own health care provider Mayo Clinic. I went back and forth. Seattle did the most transplants and had the best doctors for AA. However, Mayo Clinic was close to my house, home, family, and support system. When it came down to it, having my home and support system close by was one of the major reasons why I choose Mayo. I also was very comfortable with the physicians and their plan of care. They were having a trial using Campath instead of ATG. I wasn't keen on using ATG. I had done it twice within the previous 9 months and I had reacted pretty bad both times. I just felt very comfortable with the care and the staff. Going through the transplant, I was so thankful to have my family and friends around. They were valuable and more valuable then I have thought prior to transplant. I am so thankful that I did my transplant here and would do it again without a second thought. Sometimes having the best physicians and the best place isn't always enough. It's nice to have your home, family, and friends too.

Laura