View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 11, 2010, 10:00 AM

Karen -

"If only we could know how long the Vidaza will continue working, it would be great to be able to wait another year to see what new treatments are on the horizon! However, all of the doctors I've talked to so far are urging me to move forward with the transplant soon while I'm in partial remission (blasts at 5-8%). There's no way of knowing how long this will last."

Karen - I read your story and am happy for the success you are making on the Vidaza ad I also am on Vidaza and just finished 9/3. I too have multiple chromosome changes and blasts now are only 5 - 6 %. The only side effects so far for me are still tiredness but no way as much as w/Dacogen. I am not scheduled for any other treatment except for the Vidaza to see what happens. Do you have a family member for the SCT? I wish you continued success.
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -