View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 10, 2011, 02:44 PM

Smile Bob C

Hi Greg
I Just joined "Marrow forums and" am please with what I see. So I would like to relate my experiences with MDS drugs. First off I am low risk with blasts under 5%. I have been tested for 5 Q and am negative. My whites, platelets and neutrophils are all acceptable. It is the HGB that has been my prroblem. I was notified on 11-28-07 that I had low risk MDS. I spent a year on Procrit, helped until it lost efectivness, the I went to Vidiza, looked good at first but also lost effectiveness, and the Dr finally got me on Revlimid and stating off on 10mg a day and in 6 weeks, every thing took a dive, including whites, plateletts, everthing, so he stopped the revlimid and with weekly transfussions finally got me back to a point that we could restat Revlimid at 5mg every other day for a week, then a week off and then a week on.
With only 8, 5mg tablets a month, I have been slowly weand off of transfusions, I am now in the 3rd month with no transfusions and am so thrilled, I just want to pass on my good fortune. So naturally I recomened you try the Revlimid. On last thing, no transfusions is great but the fatigue is still there.

Bob C