View Single Post
Old Wed May 4, 2011, 08:13 AM

predisone

Hi brig,

i have consulted many doctors here, they are strict against predisone and have not recommended it with thalidomide. I dont know why. I even cited your case and suggestion of using peridisone, however evenafter that they were not inclined to advise predisone.

My fathers WBC are showing marked decline, infact even after neupogen they are not showing any improvement, maybe it is due to side effect of thalidomide.

I am giving him 100 mg and 50 mg alternatively just like Kirby. 100 mg causes very high constipation and fatigue, however the side effects (constipation and fatigue of 50 mg are manageable).

he has already taken the medicine for 2 weeks, however there is no response yet. Infact his platelets or transfused platelets are not even lasting for 5 days. we are hoping and praying that the thalidomide shows its positive effects soon.

regards,

neel
Father age 64 diagnosed with MDS RAEB-2, with 15%-18% blasts in October 2010. Only had blood and platelet transfusions. Ayurvedic treatment which showed result for arnd 5 months. Started Tahlidomide 100 mg started on 22 nd April 2011. Revolade 50 mg started on 2 nd april 2012.

Last edited by Neel : Thu May 5, 2011 at 03:31 AM.