View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 4, 2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann View Post
I'm curious about the shots of Vidaza. What doses are given that way? How long does it take? My husband's oncologist had a "port" put into my husband's chest just below the collar bone on his right side. He receives his treatments in this port. They inject an anti-nausua drug into the line before he gets the Vidaza and then after that is finished, they give him something else in the port. He just completed his 10 treatment Friday. Seems to be doing well. Had not had a transfusion since Oct. but had to have 3 units first week of March. We are praying that this treatment keeps doing well.
I get two injections subcutaneiously into my stomach each day for 5 consecutive days. I believe each injection is 75 mg/m**2. I take my antinausea med (Zofran/ondansetron) orally, one tablet 30 minutes before each treatment.
Karen, age 62, dx MDS RAEB-2 1/8/10: pancytopenia WBC 2.7k/Hgb 7.4/Hct 22.1/Plt 19k; complex cytogenetics -3,del(5)(q14q33),-6,+8,+mar,17% blasts. MUD BMT Johns Hopkins 11/30/10. Dx tongue cancer 8/31/12. ok now. blog mausmarrow.com