View Single Post
Old Fri May 27, 2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edithr View Post
Hi Hopeful,

He takes 225 mg in the morning and 250 in the evening, and he weighs 145 lbs. So I'm not sure what his dose/kg is, can you tell me?

Thanks again!
Hi edithr,

145 lbs = 65 mg
If he is take 475 mg/day than he is taking slightly more than 7 mg/kg/day which does not seem crazy-high. However, it is believed by some doctors that dosages above 5 mg/kg/day (or 325 mg/day for your son) only give toxicity without added benefit. Keep an eye on his trough. It could start increasing rapidly, at which time you could discuss with the doctor lowering his dosage. A lot of doctors like to try the maximum tolerable dosage right after ATG for the biggest "shock-and-awe" effect on the rogue cells.

Cyclosporine peaks about 2 hours after taking. It would be great if just changing the timing of his showers made them more tolerable. I can't remember if there was a correlation for me. I just remember it was misery until I lowered my cyclosporine dosage!