View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 01:39 PM

Sally yes you are correct that is what I mean by "islands",location being a factor.
Edithr its funny the little terms they choose Im happy your sons was the highest
Sally and chirley I'm happy to hear the normal results! great news!
Sally what I mean by correct dx is that my husbands first bmb did not show him as aplastic so he was not being treated as a pt w AA. Not given treatment options that an AA pt would need to choose from. But his blood counts had been very dangerously low. We were in watch and wait for the Solaris to kick in for PNH. Solaris is not shown to elevate other blood counts so that was only helping him w hemolysis. Frustrating watching blood counts so low and the effects they had on my husband. His Dr at the time would refer back to first bmb thinking well he only has PNH so things should get better... Then we got a second oppion and a second bmb. I understand though why the first Dr thought what he did.
Now we know and my husband is on the road to recovery! God is good
Heather, wife of Ronald 36; dx PNH 2012; Dx VSAA 2013; eculizumab(Solaris) hATG 2/20/13 cyclosporine 400 mg daily. 37 units RBC and 15 units of platelets. Post BMT -pentam,vorconizole,valtrex, valcyte, actigall, Pepcid , prograf, magnesium.
10/10 MUD 10/10/13
Now no PNH or AA. Mixed Chimerisim