View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 24, 2015, 05:35 AM

Hi Tracey - I've tried responding to your post a couple of times only to have it disappear right when I was about to post - so don't think I haven't been thinking of you!

Great news you've got a date and a donor - I totally understand how you feel - in some ways its very scary news - but stay positive - remember you are a bad ass mother and will do well - you've already been through so much - whats a little stem cell transplant?

Use this month to relax, take care of yourself, try and build up strength - go to restaurants and be with friends and family. I've found - and everyone has told me - that a positive attitude is the key - you will overcome the bumps in the road and you will get stronger and stronger after the transplant.

You will be getting a second chance at life thanks to a complete stranger - that's pretty awesome. You are in my thoughts and prayers -

Best,
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015