View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 26, 2015, 10:35 PM

Thanks for your encouragement Mario and Paul. I am going to spend as much time as possible with my family, especially since City Of Hope is an hour away and they won't be able to visit that much. We do have and education session there too, which hopefully will finally make my husband see how much help I will need when I come home and how clean the house needs to be.

I knew being out of the hospital for Christmas was too good to be true. I was admitted on Tuesday night for Neutropenic fever and chills. Of course the cultures didn't grow anything, so they are just guessing it was in my gut even though I had no pain. I just got out today.

While I was there I had to get a pint of blood and 2 pints of platelets because my levels were so low. The nurses were all happy telling me my wbc was going up from 1.5 or so to now 7.1. Unfortunately the neutrophils are not rising as well, so now I am really worried that the white blood cells are destroying the red cells and platelets.

I have my prelim tests the week after New Years including another bmb. I almost don't want to know those results because I am afraid it will scare me more.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement.

Paul - How are you doing?