View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 17, 2010, 07:50 AM

All is welll--today

Got my platelets and a nice bump (up to 66K) too...turns out they had held from 21K last Thurs nite to 14K yesterday morning....I thought for sure I would have been in the single digits. My other counts rose a bit as well:
wbc up to 2.1, HGB 9.4 pre/8.4 post platelets. So I'm here to fight another day! Hopefully, my counts tomorrow am will show further progress....

They do pre and post transfusion cbcs--seems like hemoglobin tanks alot post transfusion--2nd time this happened....could there be a dilution factor from the saline/platelets?

Fred, I agree--I am going to pay more attention to the blood type and my # bumps, because all along I have thought that some units are much more user friendly...and yes, I am now on the Tylenol/Benadryl regime!
Thanks for your support eveyone....
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly