View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 16, 2008, 07:42 AM

Thanks to all for your comments

My platelet levels continue to be somewhat unstable: up to 30 on 10/13, down to 23 on 10/15, WBC is also up and down but Neupogen continues to boost the WBC.

The bone marrow cellularity was 10-20% on 10/1 and this low value has the doctors concerned with starting Vidaza at the moment. The feeling of 3 different doctors, one from Moffett, one from Ariz Cancer Center, and my own doctor agree on this point. There is general agreement that the Revlimid has impacted the bone marrow adversely in the platelet and WBC production. I'm well beyond the median response of non -5q patients on Revlimid.
My platelets started to drop after 14 months and while trying to readjust the Revlimid levels the drop became severe at 18 months.

We will continue to watch the counts and my have another BMB within a week or so to look at cellularity and the blast%.

Steve, how low have your platelets dropped during your Vidaza trials?

We continue optimistic that Vidaza will help stabilize the MDS.