View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:12 AM

How did I just now find this site???

Hi everybody!
I was diagnosed with SAA back in 2005. I didn't do a BMT because there wasn't a related match, and after several months of Cyclosporine my counts started to rise, so they stuck the BMT option on a shelf. I've been on Cyclosporine ever since, and last year we started a 15 month effort to taper me off of it. That was unsuccessful, so I'm back on full strength CyA dosage.

This is a great site! Too bad I couldn't have found it back when I was diagnosed (if it was around then) since it would have been a great resource. There weren't a ton of AA blogs when I was diagnosed, or I was just too daft to find them, so I started my own: aplasticanemia.brendangates.com. The way I found this site is actually through a link another AA blogger had on her site. She's a member here (kathrnclark) and hopefully recovering nicely from her BMT earlier this fall.

I'm looking forward to participating in this site any way that I can. Thank you all for making such a great community, and sharing your stories.

Brendan

Last edited by Neil Cuadra : Sun Nov 18, 2018 at 09:52 AM.