View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 2, 2008, 08:11 PM

Platelets, Vidaza, Breast Biopsy......

Ugh, I don't know where to even begin. My mother stopped the TLK-199 trial because it really wasn't helping her counts and it made her sick to her stomach. They decided on Vidaza but she needed 3 weeks off the TLK-199 trial to get it out of her system. Needless to say, she still hasn't started Vidaza as of yet. Mom is transfusion depended, 2 units every 2 weeks. In the interim she goes for a mamography and lo and behold there are calcifications as well as a density in her breast. They give her a series of 4 neupogen injections to ready her for the biopsy since her Neutrophils were at 0.6. The biopsy windes up getting canceled because it has to be done in a radiologists office and the secretary in the office made a mistake when scheduling her appointment. It is now set for this Thursday. More, hurdles..... She goes to get blood taken today to check her counts to make sure we are ok for Thursday and her platelets are down to 42... they were 79 on Friday and 135 the week before. We are very worried. She had a bone marrow biopsy a little less than a month ago and it showed 5% blasts and everything else looked ok. Now, I find myself worrying if this is transforming. Is this how it transforms or is it normal in this disease to have counts fall like this? How do you treat 2 diseases at one time? Her spirits are so bad right now, as a matter of fact so are mine.
Dacogen started 01/10 - no response
Bone Marrow Biopsy 10/10 - 13% blasts
Bone Marrow Biopsy 12/22/10 - 45% blasts - AML
I have an angel 1/4/11

Last edited by Suzanne : Tue Dec 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: content