Thread: Campath Trial
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 05:46 AM

Greg-

Actually, we stayed in Corolla, in a community called Corolla Light. We did the 4 wheet drive trip up in the area you stayed and saw the wild horses. Also, (funny), saw one vehicle getting towed off the beach; got stuck in the sand. The homes up there are lovely.

While they may tell you most people come alone, my husband came with me. There is a woman who rents out a room in her house, right in the development across the street from one of the main entrances to NIH. It is $49 a night. She is very nice, if she has a room vacant when you go (if you go). However, I kind of had an emotional melt down when I arrived, so Bob came and stayed in my room. He used one of the chairs that folds out into a bed. A friend of mine who I met at one of the conferences, and just had the treatment, her husband brought an air mattress. I think you most oftne have a private room, but not 100% guaranteed. If you don't, spouse cannot stay, of course. The hotels in the area are very expensive. Sometimes in our follow up visit, we stayed at a friends house in Rockville, but she just sold her home.