View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 3, 2011, 08:12 PM

Hey Karen!

The pills were actually not bad, once you got used to eating a little grass every day. They were, however, kind of a dull green, and the Amazing Grass powder looked very, very green. So I thought I'd give it a shot, figuring the rich color was a sign of freshness and careful handling.

Plus I was thinking about incorporating a protein smoothie into my diet as a morning snack or lunch while I try to get down to 165. So it just kind of fit.

It occurred to me later that the dull color of the pills might have had something to do with the binder used to hold them together.

I will say, if you're not that tolerant of odd-tasting stuff, the powder in a smoothie is the way to go, because you basically can't taste it at all. I keep meaning to try it in some tea just to see what it tastes like.

I'm glad your team wasn't alarmed by the ferritin levels. I need to do some serious reading on iron overload and the usefulness of ferritin as a guide so I better understand what's up with all that.

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com