View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 21, 2012, 02:43 PM

Red face Exjade + Ear Issues?

Hi , I have AA and started taking exjade for iron chelation last Monday. So far so good except one issue I started noticing Thursday. 2-3 times a day one of my ears starts to feel plugged and I hear a tapping sound. This seems to last just about a minute and doesn't appear to impact my hearing while it's happening. Also, although it seems to happen to just 1 ear at a time, it's not always the same ear.

Wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences. I know hearing and vision issues are a rare side effect and can come on suddenly which I why my team required baseline hearing and vision testing before I started taking the exjade, but this seems so soon.

I am also taking cyclosporine (dose is now down to 475mg) since my horse ATG end March. I have noticed on & off since taking it some pressure around my ears which has also lasted only a few minutes and jot every day. Though fortunately my hearing test 2 weeks ago, before starting the exjade, was normal.

Thank you,
Sent from my mobile phone, please excuse typos