Thread: What to expect?
View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 19, 2013, 10:26 PM

Vikasgoyal, Sorry to hear about your dad, leukemia takes a toll on the whole family, my wife operates decent on low rbc, we just get a lot of transfussions, ask you dads doctor if they are concerned about his dx possibly progressing into AML thats why they want to try to control things with Revlimid. I try not to focus on life expediency ( even though I do drift off into that area from time to time ) a lot of things can happen with leukemia that can either legthen or shorten someones life, there are a lot of factors in play, sometimes doctors dont say things in a way we can comprehend them, because if your in limbo ( not in remission ) there either treating things as they come about or trying to prevent things from getting worse. We find life less stressful when we focus on quality of life. Ya'll are in our prayers....Billy and Tina
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets