View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2007, 01:35 PM

Red face Uncertainty with MDS

My uncle was diagnosed with MDS in early February of this year. Previously he had been under the care of a Oncologist/Hematologistfor the past 6-8 years for anemia. Since the diagnosis he has been transfusion dependant 2-4 units monthly. The dr put him on Revlimid....after 2 months of treatment it wasn't working. He has just finished his 1st cycle of Vidaza and couldn't receive the 2nd cycle because of low white cells. I would appreciate any additional information anyone has with this disease. His report from the BMT was Refractory Cytopenia with Multilineage Dysplasia, although the dr. says it is more like RA. I want to learn more about this disease, the progression, and what to expect. Although the dr. answers my questions, I still feel pretty stupid!! I think this is progressing pretty fast.....Can someone help me? My mother passed away 5 years ago with Lung/Brain Cancer so my uncle is all I have. Any correspondence would be great!!